I made these sweet potato pockets for our Mother’s Day lunch. I did make these as pictured, but I am going to change the recipe to be more of a roasted salad. It was really tasty, I just think it would have been easier to eat if it had been cubed and tossed together.
4 x 350g sweet potatoes (skin-on), cut into 2cm cubes
1 red capsicum, halved lengthways, seeds removed
2 dried chorizo, cut into 2cm cubes
4 unpeeled garlic cloves
2/3 cup (160g) sour cream
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper, place on baking tray.
- Place capsicum (skin side up), chorizo cubes and garlic on another baking tray.
- Roast sweet potato cubes, capsicum, chorizo and garlic for 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard capsicum skin, then roughly dice (similar size to sweet potatoes and chorizo). Set aside.
- Squeeze garlic from their skins and mash with the sour cream and lemon juice.
- Spoon over garlic sour cream onto the sweet potatoes, then top with capsicum, chorizo, onion, parsley and paprika. Drizzle over any remaining chorizo oil from the tray to serve.